Toddler feeding time. We all have war stories. We try to feed these
monsters angels and they do everything in their power to keep up on our toes. It seems to be THE issue lately with us new mothers to toddlerhood. What do I feed them? How can I sneak veggies into my munchkin? What fun tricks work? I have seen people swapping tips and tricks everywhere lately. Pinterest, Twitter and just in person. On top of all that, I have started to want to have more family dinners at home. It A) makes the meal go smoother B) means less work after he goes to bed and C)makes me not eat so much. I also like the tradition of a table family meal. So now I have to make a meal for all of us (pulling in LT staples when needed) by 6pm at the latest. We get home around 5. It can get a little crazy.
So to help out other mamas AND kinda contribute to Adeventuroo’s Week in the Life posts, I give you a week of toddler dinners in the Mann household.
Some notes about our stash….
- I keep leftovers for everything. Even if it isn’t really a serving…this kid might eat just that much
- I get food from our cafe a work as a quick option a lot. For the whole family and just small pieces for Landon.
- I make large batches of things I know he will eat. Raviolis, mac and cheese, steamed carrots….so I can pepper into meals.
- We keep a lot of dried fruit around. Keeps, easy snack food and less messy.
- We also keep frozen fruit. It is great to mix in hot oatmeal to help it cool faster.
- He pretty much has water and milk at all meals. Sometimes he has watered down juice if he asks….but he usually doesn’t. Lemonade is a special treat.
So what do you feed your tots? Wonder what we dip brussel sprouts in? Want a recipe for parm couscous? Ask away! Leave a comment!
Next week, tips and tricks for getting the food in him on a hard day.