What kinda shit goes down on Sodor?
I watch an insane amount of Thomas the Train. yeah yeah, horrible parent, brainwashing my kid…blah blah blah. Don’t care. You haven’t seen the excitement on that kid’s face when he gets to watch and the glee he expresses with every “chooo chooo’s pwease?”. Anyway, I digress.
I have come to question many things in the world of choo choos that is Sodor. I thought I would share:
1. What the hell are the drivers doing on these trains? The trains make terrible decisions…constantly. They tell the driver to get out and steal, hook them to the wrong stuff on purpose, and destroy cargo. (That’s right bitches, I am citing my work.) I get it. The trains are the stars…but then why even have people? Guess you need to haul something other than party supplies.
2. Speaking of people, what kind of racket is Sir Topham Hatt running? Whatever he says, those trains tremble on their tracks. He seems a little high and mighty if you ask me. They aim to please him all the time, he orders everyone else around and the whole white old fat man really busts my buffers, if you know what I mean.
3. Why don’t Annie and Clarabel speak? In a lot of scenes, they don’t even have mouths. I find this strangely disturbing. They just have to ride along with all these stupid ass antics. I don’t like this sexist crap but we all know that the women would tell him to get his shit together, and we can’t have that now can we.
4. When do they NOT have a damn party? It’s always brass bands this and carnival that. They even use trains to transport banners and streamers. WTF? 1 train to transport 1 person to a party? What kind of budget are they working with here? I also imagine there are no Uhaul franchises on that island. A racket I tell ya!
5. Why do these trains “swear” so much? “Bust My Buffers”, “Cinders and Ashes”, “Flatten my Funnel”. All ‘fake’ swears. I find this humorous since the show is based on a Christian book. I get that it is cute, but there are SO MANY. But I can say, if I can get Landon to say “Bust my buffers” when he is angry, my work as a mother will be complete.
6. How are there no workers at the steam works and Victor is just running around? He is a freaking train. Seems like a lot of work for other trains to do. If at any point there should be real people, it would be here. You know…opposable thumbs and all.
7. Can we get another adjective than ‘cross’? If my worker’s were screwing up as much as these trains, I would be more like “angry”, “furious”, “fuming”, or, more appropriately, fucking pissed off. I bet Sir Topham Hatt eats his feelings. It is all coming together now…
18 thoughts on “What kinda shit goes down on Sodor?”
HA! Amelia says bust my buffers for all kinds of things – it’s awesome!
o I can only imagine in the tiny Amelia voice 🙂
Oooooo I totally wanna teach my kids that one. I’ll just probably stick with “what the fuck?” myself. Rolls off the tongue so easily.
LOVE THIS. LOVE, I say.
Also? IT’S A FACKING ISLAND. NOT A CONTINENT!
How many trains do they NEED?
I don’t wanna know that budget. Education? Slashed. Road fund? Who needs roads? I believe this mythical land is Biden’s wet dream.
Haha! I love this post! My boy is Thomas obsessed too – he goes around singing the “Go Go Thomas” song – all.the.time. Yes, more goes down on Sodor than any other island nation I know of – I think I’d move there if the trains weren’t always causing “confusion and delay.”
Love this! And what is the obsession with pulling “specials?” After the 8 billionth time watching Hero of the Rails, the husband and I think Thomas and Percy are spending an awful lot of time in forest pulling each other’s “specials.” You know you’ve watched too much Thomas when you call someone a “bossy boiler” at work.
Pingback:2011 Top 20 Blogmas Posts to Bring Out the Funny | all.things.fadra
Pingback:Award winning right here folks
Pingback:Race and Thomas the Tank Engine « Family Building With a Twist
Pingback:I Make Free Stuff for Teachers. Come and Get It.
Pingback:Cam's Daily 1-11-14 | screensnark.
Old post, I know, but I found this looking for a ‘bust my buffers’ meme. I watch wayy too much of this crap with my kids, too. I will compare notes with you:
1. I have wondered the same thing and concluded that the drivers are somewhat insane, due to some contaminent on the island (buried plutonium? booze from all these parties? who knows? All I know is the live action sequences with Thomas’s driver back this up pretty well…he’s a real ‘nutter’ as they’d say over in the UK, as are the other drivers that show up in their little breakroom.
2. You wouldn’t expect this gleaming monument to Industrial Capitalism to be run by anyone but The Man, would you? In the UK he’s called the ‘Fat Controller’
3. Annie and Clarabel do speak in the newer episodes, mostly saying some variation of ‘Thomas?! WTF are you doing?!’ As for sexism, check out the Emily song where she’s always eager to share her opinion and has a certain ‘You Know What’ it sings as it shows the male engines rolling their eyes.
4. We’re only concerned with the Elite in this show. The farmers and workers and the other exploited proletariats are there just to serve the 1%.
5. Yep, lots of expletives. Victor’s voice actor at one point sounds like he’s gonna lose it when he’s telling Gordon that at least it’s not his ‘Pistons that won’t pump’
6 Automated factory. The rich can throw more parties this way and all the steamworks employees that got laid off can go be farmers or dock workers or just starve to death.
7. Yep, nothing pisses off an entitled fat prick like being inconvenienced. They feel better after all the terrified grovelling, though.
That’s about it…sorry, no links or citations but well it’s late and this is an old post, I just thought I’d rant since it’s been years since I’ve watched anything over PG without losing sleep to do it. This show left me wondering a lot of the same things. Hope I helped put your questions to rest… 😛
I’ve seen real people with trains in Chuggington. Check it out, you mights like it!
Pingback:Tales of a DivaCup Convert | mannlymama
Freaking brilliant and hilarious.
The advice given above is highly relevant. The post reveals
some burning questions and issues that should be discussed and explained, found something
similar to this page a few days ago – https://seufolios.org/beat-student-loan-interest-rate-hikes/. Furthermore, it is essential to
comprehend within the detail. In the post, one can easily find something basic,
remarkably for him/her, something that can be extremely
useful. So I’m delighted with the data I have just obtained.
Thanks a lot!