So I have done this before, but there are new readers and new runners! I pride myself on a good running playlist. I love a good beat and something that makes me pass the time. I am also going to use this post to promote/introduce you to Spotify. The greatest music service ever. I have made the playlist in Spotify so a) you can go right there (if you have an account) and listen b)you can check out an awesome service. If you pay for the premium service, you can then list to MY playlist(and others) while you run on your phone. WIN! You can still get a lot for free though…so check it out! So go sign up for an account or, if you are one of the first to post a comment, I can send you an invite.
UPDATE: It looks like you don’t need invites anymore. Just sign up! Hooray!
So here we go, click here : http://open.spotify.com/user/
You should be prompted about your account status(you got one or not?). Just proceed whichever way.
To highlight some of my favorites:
- Ke$ha – Blow (Cirkut remix): O dear lawd she is the skank of the century but that song can make me run. I was at 3.5 of a 4 mile run just counting down the time and BOOM Ke$ha kicked my ass in too gear.
- Two Door Cinema Club – Something Good Can Work (The Twelves Remix): so fun and poppy. Just makes you smile
- Sleigh Bells – A/B Machines: This makes you want to run through a freakin wall. No joke. Gritty low fi sound and loud yelling lyrics. It always makes me wanna sprint for some reason.
- She Wants Revenge – All Wound Up: I am pretty sure this is the most poppy song they have ever done but man is it fun. Once again, a little gritty and awesome.
- Katy Perry – E.T.(Noisia Remix) – Great dubstep remix of that song (that whole remix album rocks). As iHubby will tell you, the beat drop around 1:30ish is face melting. It powered me up a giant hill in a race. It has magical powers.
- Kanye West – Power: I know some people don’t like him but this song just makes me feel, well, powerful. Strong…like I am going to kick some ass. Mission accomplished, Mr. West.
- Nine Inch Nails – Deep: This song just makes me feel bad ass. It was used in Tomb Raider when Angelina Jolie was being all awesome and I always think about it.
- Filter & Crystal Method – Trip Like I Do: Hands down one of my favorite songs of all time. I NEVER get tired of it.
- Scissor Sisters – Filthy/Gorgeous: For some reason this is like the only song on the album you can’t get. Odd. Also one of my favorite “look at me, I am smoking” songs. Once again, just makes you smile. This is pretty much true of most Scissor Sisters songs.
- Girl Talk – All Day Album: You can listen to this album in either all the tracks or 1 giant track lasting an hour. It is free. Go here and get it. You won’t even need a full playlist…this will suffice and rock your face off.
Now I know my music isn’t for everybody. Some people like a slower tempo for working out, more metal, more pop, more 80s, etc. This is where you come in! Link up YOUR favorite workout/running songs.
Snag the Badge Here: