I am not one for resolutions. I am always turning over new leaves and bettering my lifestyle. I work out all year anyway, I eat pretty healthy and don’t have a goal to lose weight. But then the ladies (that I have come to love) over at Liberating Working Moms issued a call for working mom resolutions. If there is anything that needs constant improvements, it is being a working mom. So here are some things that I think will help me better mom, wife and happy woman in 2012:
- Fast food only once a month. This won’t be too hard. We don’t do it a lot. Weekends are our downfall when we are out at the park and need lunch when we get back. I just need to be more proactive about having healthy lunch choices for us. Even if that is a frozen quiche from Trader Joes or more salad mix. I am pretty good about breakfast and dinner with healthy whole foods. Hopefully this will keep us even healthier!
- Less time on my phone when we get home with Landon. We have about 2.5 hours with Landon at home after daycare. At least 30 minutes is cooking dinner. I need to spend less time on twitter and checking mail and really play. Though sometimes I know he does better playing on his own…since he is with people all day long. At least I can be there…completely. Simple as that.
- Schedule out my lunchtime workouts along with blogging time. I need to use less time at night after Landon goes to bed on the computer and more time with K. Even if that is cuddling on the couch watching reruns. It will take some discipline at work but I think I can do it.
- I need to ask for breaks. I do bedtime almost every night and not because Kevin won’t. I usually just do it. I need to know when to ask for that 30 minutes to maybe take a bath for myself. Maybe blog. Maybe just read. Just fit in some decompression time. Not make bedtime into a chore for me.
- Take more photos. This isn’t really working mom related but I got lazy this year with photos. I need to get recharged and try new things. Maybe take another class online or at the rec center.
- Lastly, take off my makeup at night. This is silly but I don’t. It is one of my worse habits. I just need to. My skin isn’t getting any younger. This won’t really improve being a working mom but it will make me feel better.
So I think that is a good start. Trying to do this while trying to sell the house should be interesting but I aim high Come join us over at Liberating Working Moms and share you resolutions!