Welp another week as a family of 4. Well actually 3 but we will get to that.
- I attempted to run this baby out on Tuesday at the gym. I actually could do it! Ran a mile in intervals with no real issue. The inner thigh pain later reminded me why that sucks It didn’t do anything. Back to lazy.
- Code freeze was this week at work so it was lots of rushing and cursing on my end. At least it was a good “stopping point”. Now I am working on small things I can pass off or drop.
- K and I took off Friday to go to see Batman before the little one arrives. We had a lovely lunch and went to Target. God bless daycare.
- Highlight of the week: Kevin got his new retina MacBook pro at work. He is gadget giddy and can now have something to tinker with when we aren’t sleeping.
- I think the 3s are here in full force. Lots of battles for control. Lots of “one last times”. Clearly he is not getting that term.
- He starting to want to read on his own. He gets a favorite book and wants to read to me. He can pick up from the pictures and repeat. It is fun to watch.
- We are headed to “big brother training” at the hospital Saturday morning. It’s the sibling tour but I am selling it as training so we push the “big boy” aspect.
- Welp had my week 39 check and we are 3 cm, 90% effaced and -1 station. Saw the midwife this week and she was shocked at how low too.
- After my check, I asked if I could possibly get a last ultrasound seeing as this is the last baby. It was a slow day and she said “sure. That would be fun!”. She warned me she couldn’t tell what everything was at this point but I just wanted to see what it is like in there. One word: cramped. He has a massive head and all his feet and hands are up in my ribs. Seeing the whole heart pumping in chambers was cool. Pumping blood all over. Here are some pictures but you really can’t tell anything without the movement.
Feet and hands bunched up.
Ribs and organs
- Jack went to live with his Grandparents for a bit. We decided if this kid is shooting out of me like they say, the logistics of transporting him are too annoying. He is happy and tired chasing squirrels and playing with his friend Scout.