I said before that I did our 2013 video in the matter of hours on a whim. I showed it to family on Christmas. Much joy to be had but ever since then, it’s bugged me.
It’s too damn long.
For grandparents, they WANT to linger on those shots more…so I made it slower….and LOOOOONNNNGGGG. But then all y’all fools did those Flipgrams and I giggled. If I flipgrammed my 2013 IG photos? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. It would be a blur…literally. HUNDREDS of photos in 16 seconds? NOPE.
But it was bugging me, so I went back in with my original slideshow and allowed myself only one song…a different song…and BAM.
I made this one in minutes. Literally. So here is a step by guide on how to throw together a movie of your images for FREE in minutes.
- Download Picasa. (There are plenty of programs to do this. With my first video I used it and iMovie because of multiple songs and audio manipulation but I threw that mess out this go round)
- Gather photos. Picasa will automatically do this for all pictures on your machine if you allow it. Want to get all your IG photos? Enter Instaport.
- Highlight all photos and make an album of all the photos you want.
- Press the Create Movie Presentation button at the top of the album.
- Add a song if you like, change transitions and decide slide length.
- Hit Create Movie.
Boom. Done. It will even upload to YouTube for you.
You don’t need iMovie. You don’t need a degree is film production. You need some pictures and music.
BONUS: Musical Selections
I struggle here. Every one I have ever done, I spend WAY too much time deciding this. I can’t do the usual songs people use. Nope. I have to find something that is unique and fits us. Some of you aren’t as picky as I but whatever. I have started a Rdio playlist of possible slideshow songs.
So what are some of your favorite slideshow tracks? I will add as I get them so we all have a bank to work with and avoid 4000 slideshows with “Lean on Me” and “We are Family” cuz barf.