Yeah I am slack on updates…but I have plenty to post…PROMISE. So I will start with a “gumbo” post :).
- LT eats and eats and eats. He has now mastered finger foods and can shove it in as fast as you can give it to him (that’s what she said). Puffs, bananas, pineapples, you name it. Last week he slept through lunch so when he got up…he inhaled his baby food and 2 servings of peaches at school. He was so sticky, he had to be changed. She said the onesie was wet all the way down to the diaper. Hehe. It is making going out easier too because he can keep himself occupied. Hooray!
- Pulling up is in our not too distant future. Just this week, he was sitting on the floor beside me and he turns and holds on to me and rolls over to get his feet under him. He grunts and it takes a little help, but he pushes up! He likes to cruise with guidance at this point. We can hold his hands to walk over to the magical exersaucer and he hangs on and plays for a bit before letting go. He also likes to hang on the couch. This was a fun set of shots:
- Sleeping. So after Easter, the kiddo was starting to wake up multiple times a night crying. We would go in and pat him on the back and FINALLY get him back to sleep. The flashbacks were giving me the heebie jeebies. We were so tired. Finally one night, we were both super tired and just let him fuss…..and right when I finally got up to go in there…silence. So he seems to have morphed into a “cry it out” baby. It isn’t the hysterics it was before(i don’t think all babies should be “trained” the same…some just aren’t like that). Anyway, it seems us going in there is now making it worse. So this weekend, I watched him go down for nap. I put him down and then snuck into the bathroom behind him. He smooshes his face in the mattress and moans and spits. Then he will roll over on his hip(sometimes all the way) and then look around to see if anyone is there. Then he rolls back over to his tummy to moan a little more. Maybe 5-10 max and then out. He has napped like a champ this weekend. Just wait till he is fussy, sleep sack, 30 second sway to relax, then down and I leave. I am sure this will change but it feels good to get it right sometimes :).
- Daycare appreciation is this month. We have to do all these things for the teachers. I actually am done for the month. We had my “goodie” day this week. I got them bojangles breakfast and fruit salad. DONE. Then we had a group gift, so I volunteered to do something with pictures…I figured it was “no money” and something I could contribute. Of course, being an overachiever, I couldn’t just do something easy like a snapfish book. I went big. I asked all the parents for pictures, permission to take their kids pictures at school, and thank you letters to the teachers. I then set out on making a custom DVD with interactive menus and a giant slideshow with music and everything. I have to say I am pretty proud of my self and my new skill set. Anyway, Landon’s teacher Miss Julie is leaving to work for Head Start so Friday was her last day. The class took her out to lunch and gave her a gift and showed her the slideshow. She was all tearful…so SCORE! Mission accomplished I suppose :). I may try to figure out a way to post the slideshow somehow…I will post if I do.
- Second Base….Landon got “bit” on Friday. A friend at school fell over on him and chomped on his leg. He got pleny of love from Miss Latoya and is just fine. We found it funny that it is on his upper thigh…Landon has rounded second base at 8 months!