In my PicPack giveaway, I required the person entering to leave a comment asking me any question. I kind of get tired of the same type of contest comments that say the same things. I figured we should have fun…and y’all made it fun! 26 random ass questions from the easy to the personal to the bizarre. So as promised, I am going to answer them all 🙂
- Which do you like better: taking pictures with your phone for the convenience or your SLR for the quality? – Jessie
Tricky question. When I get a great photo with either, I love it. I like working with the SLR because it requires a little more know how and I can zoom, change aperture, etc. easier. The images are, on average, more crisp. But I can’t by pass the convenience of the phone. I love the challenge of trying to make them better with the equipment I have but I can get frustrated with it because of it.
- If you had to be stuck on an island with only three things, what would you take with you? – Madonna
Practical: Lifetime supply of sunscreen, a toothbrush and soap. Whimsical: An iphone that never loses a charge, unlimited data paid for by a sugar daddy and wine.
- Random – having seen the doggy day camp forms on your IG feed, how often does Jack go? – Sarah
Jack usually goes to daycamp once a week. We pay for a card that is buy 10 get 1 free and we just keep reupping. He has been going to day camp at Leesville Animal Hospital since 2006 and we adore them there.
- Ummmm, if you could change being an only child, would you? – Andrea
Yes. As a small child, it was great. I have no complaints and it made me who I am. As an adult, it is harder. Being the only family connection.
- What do you love most about working at SAS? – Wasn’t Serious
Subsidized child care. This was a tough question but that makes our lives SO MUCH EASIER on many levels.
- When deciding to have more children were you nervous about going through the newborn stage again? And if so, how did you work with that?- Meg B
Well we always wanted 2. After my PPD with Landon, I was a bit gun shy. When I got pregnant (and miscarried) when L was 16 months, I was honestly panicked but I don’t think about the newborn stage as much as ZOMG I WANT MY BODY FOR A BIT. With Ollie I was ready (though he was a surprise) but I knew I had an army of mommy friends and everything was just a phase. It really is easier in a lot of ways…but still hard.
- What is the best place/vacation you have ever been to? – Nicole
- What is the one think Kevin does that drives you crazy? – Kristi
He is always worried he left the garage open. It is never open. We have turned around many times.
- If you could have lunch with anyone, dead or alive, who would it be? – Kendra
- What happens when the Unstoppable Force meets the Immovable Object? – Buttermilk
- Do you or Kevin visit the boys at all during the day? Ever since I finished nursing C I’ve felt like the neglectful mom since I barely go see him, when before I was there once or twice a day. – JZ
Honestly, no. I want to but work has been crazy busy. I want to start doing it more now that he is in toddlers. we don’t with Landon but he is getting to the age we actually can. He can be left again.
- Ever think about leaving NC? – Lauren
Nope. I’m a homebody. I like being around family.
- Would you rather cut off both your pinky toes for $10,000 or have no fingernails for the rest of your life for $5,000? – Amanda
I have actually thought WAY too long on this but going toes. I figure i could get some corrective shoes to help me walk.
- Have you ever danced with the Devil in the pale moonlight? – Chris
- If you had to listen to one song on repeat for 365 days what would it be and why? – Kristi
Hmmmm. I am just going to use the time to plug this song that I love and FOR THE LOVE OF GOD RELEASE AN ALBUM, SAM SMITH!
- Does anyone ever walk in on you at work while you’re taking your mirror selfless? – Jessica
HA! No. 1) I’m stealthy and 2) Our bathroom has a double door setup so I can hear when someone is coming.
- Love that you’re a fellow working mom of two boys. Are you guys done or do you want one more? – Erin
- What was the first job for which you earned money and how did you spend that new-found cash? – Steph
I was a bagger at Winn Dixie when I was 15…then turned cashier…then worked in the office and closed the store. I was told to get the job by my mother when I complained about the prom dress she was going to buy wasn’t what I wanted. Lesson learned.
- As a fellow female engineer, I’m always curious how other women were drawn to what is still a fairly male dominated profession. Did you have someone you knew who was an engineer and encouraged you or did it just “happen” naturally? – Valerie
My dad was an electrical engineer but honestly I liked computers and wanted to create via that medium. I applied to design school for graphic design but was rejected. I then majored in computer science. Switch to engineering because it was a wider variety of classes. DONE.
- What is your fav holiday? Lame question I know but Halloween is coming up and it’s my favorite! – KTY
Christmas or 4th of July. I feel cliche with Christmas but I enjoy the tradition building. Same for 4th for our family.
- What color is your car? (I can’t think of anything better). – Barbra
- What’s your favorite thing about your husband? – Kristin
He can make me laugh so fucking hard 🙂
- I have been wondering how and why you and your husband decided to use the cry it out method of sleep training? I found your blog by googling 4 month sleep regression, so you can see how this is pertinent to my interests. We also ended up doing cry it out, but I feel like I can’t talk about it around my peer group because so many people think it’s cruel. Have you experienced any of that? Did you have friends who tried to talk you out of it? – Casey (WINNER)
First, we decided because we were tired and nothing else worked. With both boys, they aren’t “sensitive” kids. They aren’t overly attached to us. Going into “soothe” them pissed them off. So we decided to give it a go. Now I have never had haters about it…andI honestly don’t know exactly why. I can say I am exteremely confident in my parenting decisions. I know what works for my family and who I trust for advice. I like to present my story as one option….not that way. I hope people read it that way.
- Do you think you might try for a girl in the future? – Sarah
NOPE. See question 17.
- What book(s) has inspired you recently? – Kate
HA! I never read books anymore. It’s pretty pathetic but if I am being honest, I have been finally reading the Ann Rice Sleeping Beauty series and I seem to be getting laid a lot, so there’s that I guess?
- What time do you get off of work? It always seems like you’ve tweeted #toddlerdinner pics before I even walk in the door. – Katherine
We work 8ish-4ish. We have a flexible schedule and usually are getting the kids by 4:30. Boys have dinner by 6 and bed by 7. It’s a tight ship. I talked about our 2 hour sprint before.
- How much was a gallon of gas the year you were born? – Mindy
$1.30 (got it here)
That was fun, you guys!!! Anything else?