First off, I love breakfast. The only bad thing about breakfast is deciding what to have. It is usually easy to fix, healthier (in most cases) and just plain yummy. Annnnnd now I’m hungry…damnit. Fortunately, it seems Landon is the same. There is never much of a problem with his breakfast. I don’t know if he is a morning person, loves all breakfast foods or the stars align…but it is kinda nice. I decided to document our breakfasts for the week to show our variety. It really is the easiest for me to come up with. I have about 10 minutes to get it ready from when I get downstairs until Kevin brings him down. I can’t think too much about it. It is also pretty easy to keep things stocked. Grandma’s chickens are now laying eggs for us, oatmeal keeps forever and frozen waffles are must have.Some quick tips fro m the Mann kitchen:
- When making oatmeal, it can be pretty hot with a hungry tot. I add frozen fruit to A) make it healthier and B) cool it down.
- You can make canned biscuits in the toaster oven in under 10 minutes.
- If I eat something, he will probably want it. Always bring more to the table.
- Always offer something sweet with the meal. Fruit, cereal bar, etc. It will appeal to him if he is cranky.
- If he doesn’t eat a lot here…we still have the rest of the day!
So how does breakfast go in your house? Do you have go tos? Does everyone eat on the run? Is a sit down breakfast important to you?