I thought for this week, we would take a journey back into time. Back to when Lando was just stating his journey to real foods. I know a lot of new readers weren’t around then. Through the homemade baby food and the early days of novelty foods. So I thought I would highlight some of my old posts on the subject.
First up though, some run down facts:
- Landon started solid (cereal) food around 5 months. I decided to start a little earlier to help with my dwindling pumping supply.
- Landon nursed for 18 months and I pumped for a year. We had to supplement with formula until a year when he stopped wanting bottles. We switched to milk in 1 easy transition.
- I made a majority of all his pureed food. It was simple easy and fun.
- I started finger foods before he had many teeth. I found it didn’t matter. Those little gums could go to town on mushy stuff.
- He loved eating. There was very little he wouldn’t eat.
- He started drinking from an open cup at around 9 months. I believe this helped with not fighting sippy cups later on.
- I started giving him everything I could get my hands on. Eggplant, tofu, radishes. If it was new, I tried it.
- Salad bars were my friend. Grab as much variety as you can from one for cost effective trying.
- We kept trying things. Some days they can just be fickle.
- I found mixing flavors was helpful. Pureed spinach was a no go but add with pears or apple sauce and he ate it like crazy. Get creative.
Posts to check out:
So are you just venturing into the world of solids? Any questions? Tips?