It’s time for fun pregnancy facts! A lot of people have asked me about being pregnant a second time. Mostly mommies of singles wondering about the road ahead. Honestly, it isn’t that much different. It is going by faster with a toddler in tow and I don’t really worry about stuff I did before. But I thought I would layout a few things.
I have no idea if this is because it is 2 boys or what. Just the way it is.
- I didn’t show faster – I kinda stressed about this. EVERYONE said “the second time, you just pop right back out”. I didn’t. I got a little panicky around 15 weeks for this very reason. I was still wearing regular jeans and really looked the same comparing preggo pics with Landon. But the underlying cause seems to be my fitness level. I rebuilt up my abs between pregnancies. Hell I am almost 26 weeks and I can still flex my abs on top of the baby. SHAZAM.
- I didn’t feel the baby any sooner – Once again, everyone said I would feel him sooner. I didn’t. And it took even longer to feel it from the outside. I am claiming the same thing with the abs thing. Just a harder wall.
- I have minor diatasis recti – I didn’t have this with Landon. This is where your abs start to show separation. In extreme cases, your abs split and your guts can come through. Yeah. Gross. I am no where near that level. I have a small separation below my belly button. I just have to watch it in the coming weeks to now make it worse. I need to keep building my abs as much as possible and avoid a lot of twisting.
- My body doesn’t seem to be changing as drastically – Last time I could constantly feel my body changing. My feet changed and made me stop running at 22 weeks with Landon. I am still running with no real issues. I don’t have the inner thigh pain. I just don’t feel as “different”. Not sure how to explain it all.
- On any given day, I have no idea what “week” I am – I really don’t pay attention. With Landon and house selling, it just flies by. I also don’t look at the milestones or any of that. Meh. He is growing.
- I have to pee more – My preggo bladder and my trama from birth #1 have made me go to the bathroom constantly. I have another post coming about this.
Any more questions?