Happy Pi day, you! Not nerdy as me? Today is 3/14…ya know…like the fun symbol you used in high school? Well we kinda go all out at work. Today there is a pie baking contest, free pie in the cafe, 3.14 mile runs and even a contest to see who knows the most decimals places. NERD POWER! Anyway, I figured I would use today to share with you a recipe for a pie that was created right here where I work. It’s a tradition really and I get a little TOO excited when it’s brought in. Cherie Berrie Pie
If you are from NC, that may ring a bell. Cherie Berry is the commissioner of labor. You’ve seen Cherie for years staring at you in every elevator in NC. In our old office, our elevator even had a sign “Cherie Berry expressway”. One of those years, one of our curriculum specialists started bringing in the best pie of all time dubbed “Cherie Berry Pie” in honor of our fearless labor leader.
So to honor Pi Day, I am sharing the recipe!
Cherie Berry Pie
16 oz heavy cream
2-7 oz jars marshmallow crème
1/4 c sloe gin
1/4 c butter
- Crush the oreos.
- Melt the butter and add it to the oreos; stir well.
- Reserve ~1/3c of the oreo mixture to use as topping. Press the rest of the oreo mixture into the bottom of a 10-12″ spring pan. Use a regular pan if needed.
- Combine the marshmallow crème and liqueur.
- In a separate bowl, whip the heavy cream.
- Fold the whipped cream into the marshmallow mixture.
- Pour the entire mixture into the pie pan. Sprinkle with the reserved oreos.
- Freeze overnight (or longer).
Yup. You read that right. Booze. Sugar. Cookies and Butter. BLISS!!!!