Things I Love – La Shish
About 7 years ago the boys at work let me tag along to their lunch. It was to a Lebanese and Greek place called La Shish. Problem was, I has never tried such food (oh, youth). Well I jumped in with both feet and figured they loved it, so I would.
We arrived and I was already in love with the atmosphere. Cute bottles with flowers on the tables. Pillows on the benches. Unique lighting. It was just plain adorable.
Then cute little Nabila came out to greet my friends like the usuals they were. Well it’s been 7 years now and I am one. She knows my drink order. Has me sample new recipes. It’s the best. I even had a shower for Landon there with my coworkers. I bring new people all the time and they all are vowing to go back to try more stuff.
Brandy’s Top Lunch Picks
- Falafel – Hands down the best falafel I’ve had and I’ve tried a lot. The falafel pita is often my default. you will never seen a more green and fresh falafel. FUN FACT: I craved falafel with Landon and grape leaves with Ollie 🙂
- Mediterranean chicken thighs – I love chicken thighs..they are just the best. Then she started marinating them for her dishes and ZOMG it is so good. I took Kevin for the first time in forever awhile back and he got them and was just gushing over how good it was.
- La Lavash – Having a bummer day and need comfort food? Here ya go. Cheese and marinated chicken in a wrap served with delicious sides. It is always something I recommend for people not familiar with the cuisine. Like a gateway drug.
- Pesto Chicken Wrap – Like La Lavash but slightly different. Great lunch option.
- Vegetarian Eggplant Moussaka – Just divine. They have great vegetarian options!
- Baklava – NEVER FORGET THE BAKLAVA
Great fresh food. Adorable ambiance. BAKLAVA. What isn’t to love? So go grab some grub and tell Nabila I sent you :).
La Shish is located at 908 NE Maynard Rd, Cary, NC 27513.
Do you own a restaurant and looking for a employee scheduling solutions? Check out ShiftZen.
5 thoughts on “Things I Love – La Shish”
I’ve loved middle eastern food all my life, thanks to an Egyptian neighbor as a kid. My folks and I went to a lebanese resto in DC once for Valentine’s Day and it kinda stuck. Been my tradition for many years now 🙂
Glad you found something new to love!
Pest Chicken Wrap… need one now.
this is very sweet my darling Brandy Mann, you know I love you guys, all of you, the coolest customers, smart, funny, geeky in some ways, always polite and gracious, and most of all, my friends. I enjoy having you all over at La Shish, makes it a better place:-)
My grandpa lives right near there gotta check it out. Go to despinas cafe for Greek it’s amazing (the baklava made me think of it) my cousins mother in law (he works at sas too) owns it
I have to be careful around Greek places . . . having married into a Greek family, and being organist at a Greek Orthodox Cathedral means, in the local area, if I order something from a Greek place, it will be reported back. And that means I’ll be asked by any number of people as to how it compared to their own.
That said, I’ve yet to have baklava that even has come close to approaching my mother-in-law’s version.