Well I have been super slack this summer about updates. Too many weekends away, errands to run, and a baby to CHASE! He is growing like a weed and keeping us on our toes. I am currently trying plan for the big birthday party and keep this beast fed. Anyway, we hit a lot of mini milestones in just the past few weeks/days. Here are a few:
- Pulling up on everything. He has been pulling up before now but now it is just “the thing to do”. The couch, your leg, a chair, the fridge, the door, etc. Cruising is in full swing. We finally started doing more baby proofing this weekend. He hasn’t figured out the kitchen cabinets yet but it is only a matter of time.
- Pointing. Just this weekend, he has learned to point to things. Yesterday I was carrying his fussy butt around and he was pointing to the door. We went to the door and then he started rocking like “LET’S GO WOMAN”. The kid loves the outdoors.
- Tantrums. O they are here and HILARIOUS. He gets pissed because you put him down or take his toy/something he isn’t supposed to have and he screams and throws his head on the ground and moans. It is so dramatic you can’t help but laugh.
- Signing. He is definitely recognizing signs and does milk on command now. I pick him up in the morning to feed him and that little hand is just a going and he is giggling the whole way to the rocking chair.
- Throwing food. This is Kevin’s worst nightmare I am pretty sure ;). He has decided it is fun to sling all his food from the tray to the floor. Now it doesn’t seem to mean he doesn’t like that food…though he won’t do it with his fruits. Heaven forbid a blueberry hits the floor.
- Playing peekaboo at you. He is learning to hold something over his own face and take it away. Pretty impressive kiddo.
I don’t think we have long before he is walking. If he is tired of the toys, he wants us to “walk” him around the house. Scratch that….RUN around the house. He wants to go as fast as possible and laugh the whole time.