Welp I did it ya’ll! Sunday was the American Tobacco Trail 1/2 and full marathons. It was a gorgeous day even if it started out cool. I kept a steady pace the whole time and came in right at a 10:00 min/mile. I felt great and never really hit a wall.
Sadly, Lando woke up with a fever and way not himself. Because of the Sunday hours at the pediatrician, Kevin couldn’t come see me finish. But that’s fine, it was already a crazy day to schedule anyway. That is where Kevin’s cousin Sarah (read her blog..pure inspiration) came in. She happily volunteered for the race, got up earlier than even me, and came out to support me. She made me signs up the trail that damn nearly made me cry. Then came around to meet me at mile marker 11. It was so sweet. I can’t wait to cheer her on at her first half in May!
I ran it mostly by myself with my iPhone to keep me company. Some songs of note:
- Till I Collapse – Eminem & Nate Dogg (RIP)
- Triple Double – Girl Talk (played this one twice in a row
- Power – Kanye West
- Gold Guns Girls – Metric
- In Search Of – Miike Snow
- Everyday is Exactly the Same – Nine Inch Nails
- Little Secrets – Passion Pit
- Riot Rhythm – Sleigh Bells
- DJ Got Us Fallin in Love – Usher
- Pain – Jimmy Eat World
Below is the route and stats: