Fast food. I would like to be a mom who says “my kid will never eat fast food” but let’s face it. We work full time and try to maximize weekend fun. Meals aren’t my priority when he is having so much fun on the slide or in the sand. Sue me. Also my fetus NEEDS Chick Fila. That being said, we don’t go all the time and when we do, I try to get something with some nutritional value. Same goes for adults, you can balance out your sins. If I go for the fried chicken sandwich, I get a side salad instead of fries. If I want fries, I go for the grilled chicken. Checks and balances where I can. So I try to balance for Landon too. Most of the time we try to just get the protein from the store and supplement with stuff from my stash. All the more reason a good stash is an excellent investment!
Here are some great choices I have found:
- Grilled nuggets and fruit at Chick Fila
- Grilled chicken salad at Bojangles (we share)
- Fruit, walnut and yogurt sampler from McDonalds
- Grilled chicken sandwiches from anywhere. Just cut up the breast.
- Whole wheat PB&J with fruit and Organic Milk from Panera Bread
- Egg and cheese wake up wrap from Dunkin Donuts
- Spaghetti and meatballs from Noodles and Company with side salad. Boy LOVES meatballs. Also I can save the leftovers for like 3 more meals. SCORE!
So what are some of your favorite toddler friendly fast food menu items?
Some toddler dinners this week:
Also BONUS today, I am guest posting over at Surf Momma‘s house today in her week long series on toddler meals and meal planning! Be sure to hop over this week and check it out. There is even a super secret giveaway Friday!